Saturday, November 21, 2009

You Look Like I Need a Drink

Some people say that it is important to not limit yourself when it comes to people you date. For example, his teeth might be a little crooked, he always wears campus crew hoodies, and Garth Brooks is his idol... but he's REALLY fucking NICE, and you two have LOTS to talk about, so you should just give him a chance. The chemistry will grow.
WRONG.
Ok, maybe it's right for some people, but it's not right for me. I know what kind of guys I'm attracted to. It's almost as if I have a mental list of things that need to be there, such as:
"alternative" style, a love for rock and roll, a fondness for alcohol, straight teeth, at least 5'11, an excellent comprehension of the conventions of the English language, and he has to be funny as hell. Some things get added and subtracted from this basic list, for example, right now it's necessary that the next guy I date has some kind of body modifications. Tattoos on the arms and stretched ear lobes add 20 points to his score.
I guess you could say I'm shallow, but am I? It's not like I'm looking for an Abercrombie model or anything. It's kind of fun this way, like a scavenger hunt. And it's not as if I'll turn down the perfect guy if he doesn't conform to my ideals. You can never be certain about your perfect guy until you find him.
What I am certain about though, is that when I meet someone, I know INSTANTLY if there's going to be chemistry. And if there's no chemistry right off the bat, then we've got nothing. I'm off to find that guy in the tight pants wearing a leather jacket, blasting the Descendants on his iPod.

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck, I am sure you will find him.

    Always ask for his number; never give him yours, this way you won't have to worry about him calling...

    Short and sweet approach, go up flirt ask for his number and leave... leave and when he asks you to stay tell him “sorry wish I could, I just have so much going on tonight, but I will call.” Right there he believes you a wanted commodity, and guys chase what others want.
    Walk away shaking that ass.

    Be the aggressor, it gives you the power not him, make him chase you not you chase him. Act like you’re out of his league, yet make him think he has a chance...

    Sorry got carried away, just letting you know what works from a guy point of view.

    ReplyDelete