Monday, November 9, 2009

If All I Thought Were True

I’m psychic.
I have an uncanny ability to predict my future love interests.
When I was 14 and trying to earn punk points, I just knew that I’d date a dirty Sid Vicious type punk kid who skateboards. And I did.
One day I was at a local show with my crazy punk friends. They were lamenting on how many emo kids there were. While they spat on them, I found the idea of skin tight pants and dyed black hair the hottest thing in the world. So I fell in love with one of those emo kids.
While grieving over the loss of emo boy, I sat in the hallway at school and drew a picture of my future boyfriend and gave my cartoon a persona. He was tall, had shaggy hair, skater clothes and smoked a lot of weed. He was older and had a car. A couple months later I made an exact replica fall in love with me.
Miffed about the precious time I had wasted with stoner skater, I channeled my energy into creating a new boy. In my dreams he had curly hair and blue eyes. He serenaded me with his mellifluous acoustic melodies by day and drank many beers with me at night. He was quiet and thoughtful, a bit of a hippie, with a sweet smile. His real life incarnation had curly hair… dreadlocked curly hair.
As my love for hippie boy hit the rocks, I hoped to meet briefly with someone, with no specifics other than the necessity that he’d be totally enamoured with me, more than I was with him. My friends told me that this idea was silly and that I wouldn’t like it if it actually happened. They were right, it didn’t work out.
So who is next you may ask? I think he has tattoos, maybe piercings too. He’s tall, he has dark, messy hair and light eyes. He watches lots of cartoons. He’s silly and immature on the outside but deeply giving, honest, and ready to take me on.

No comments:

Post a Comment