Monday, November 9, 2009

Documented Minor Emotional Breakdown Part 1



The first person I said “I love you” to, in the romantic sense, was my first real boyfriend. I met him when I was 14 and I was instantly hooked on him. I was going through a rebellious stage (which had never really fizzled out, really), and he was a perfect fit for me. He had spiky hair and lanky limbs and he looked like a 15-year-old Sid Vicious. Even though I was a pink haired, neon bracelet wearing, sad and angsty teenager, it was a welcome thought that someone could “love” me. I don’t think we were ever in love though, because when I met my next boyfriend my world was shook.

One day in the hallway he asked me if I would give him my soul, on paper. He was a weird kid, but so was I. He was funny and smart. He was in a band, which was an extremely attractive quality that I still seek in guys today. We hung out every day at school and on Fridays we would spend our allowance on 40’s of beer and nothing could have made me happier then. But nothing last forever, especially when you’re 16. I don’t even remember why we broke up but it doesn’t matter. He was my first love, and you know what they say about first loves…

You’ll never get over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment